Topic'it ready for GDPR

If you administrate a forum registered on Topic'it and have a question about the app, please post here.

Moderator: The Godfather

developr
Beta tester language: -----
Brand & model:
Os version:
Forum URL:

Topic'it ready for GDPR

Post by developr » Sat May 26, 2018 12:40 pm

I have a couple of forums and had to disabled Tapatalk because Tapatalk is not a member in the EU-US Privacy Shield.

Now I am looking for an alternate a member told me about your app, topic´it.

What information of forums do you use? Do you copy, transfer or process (temporally) any data of forums to your server or will connect the app directly to the forums for reading and writing data so the data is stored and processed only in the app?

Topic'it
Site Admin
Brand & model:
Os version:
Forum URL:

Re: Ready for GDPR

Post by Topic'it » Mon May 28, 2018 8:55 am

Hello developr

We are planning an update of the mobile app next week in order to be 100% compliant with the GDPR. We will add a checkbox to accept the Terms of Service and the Privacy Policy (you can see the result on the web page here https://topicit.net/register).

However, our service collects, stores and uses only mandatory data for the service:

- Topic'it profile: email address, username, profile picture, the list of forums you added on Topic'it, the list of forums you follow, IP address for SPAM reasons for instance.
- We share some datas with forums (email address, username and profile picture) when you use the Topic'it Connect to register on a new forum (as the Facebook Login).
- Push notifications: we collect and store the last notifications of users on each forum + collect the device ID in order to send push notifications on the correct device + display the last notifications in "Notifications" view.
- Ads: only contextual ads because you don't track you with the GPS (we don't ask permissions for the access to the GPS position).
- Traffic: we use Google Analytics to measure the audience.
- Storage on the user device: there is cache directly on the device of the user in order to open the app on the last view, access quickly to read topics and save bandwidth for users. He can delete it at any moment.

Do you copy, transfer or process (temporally) any data of forums to your server or will connect the app directly to the forums for reading and writing data so the data is stored and processed only in the app?

All the new topics, posts, private messages, credentials... are exchanged directly between the user and the forum. Topic'it transits the data securely but does not store any content.

I may have forgotten one or two details but in any case, we only collect, use or store data necessary for the use of the app ! So no copy of your posts, privates messages, topics... and we don't have access to them ;)

developr
Brand & model:
Os version:
Forum URL:

Post by developr » Mon May 28, 2018 9:01 am

Thank you very much for the reply. Could you inform me in this thread when you are ready for GDPR?

Topic'it
Site Admin
Brand & model:
Os version:
Forum URL:

Post by Topic'it » Mon May 28, 2018 12:37 pm

Hello

Yes of course, it should be available in 1 week for Android and 2 weeks for iOS (because our mobile developers are absent this week).

I will notify you in this topic.

Topic'it
Site Admin
Brand & model:
Os version:
Forum URL:

Post by Topic'it » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:55 am

Hi developr

I just notify you to let you know that Topic'it is "GDPR ready" now :D
  • We created a specific page to explain how we use data of users which is available here https://topicit.net/en/terms/privacy.
  • We added a consent box on the website and the apps when a user creates a new Topic'it account.
  • A user can delete all his data on the Topic'it platform too via the member area on the website.
  • We don't use sensitive data like the GPS position or your names. Regarding IP address, we explain how we use it in the Privacy Policy (for moderation goals).
We will add few new settings to go further in the next weeks too. For example, a page for the Topic'it Connect like the Facebook Login "you will share your email address, your username and your profile picture with this forum" when you use the Topic'it Connect to register into a forum.

jucarese
Beta tester language: Spanish tester
Mobile device: Smartphone
Brand & model: Samsumg Galasy S9 Plus
Os version: Andorid 8.0.0
Forum URL: http://www.piramidedenefertari.net

Post by jucarese » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:45 pm

Thanks for info

allhandson101
Brand & model:
Os version:
Forum URL:

Post by allhandson101 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:02 pm

I'm looking for freeroll tournaments

jucarese
Beta tester language: Spanish tester
Mobile device: Smartphone
Brand & model: Samsumg Galasy S9 Plus
Os version: Andorid 8.0.0
Forum URL: http://www.piramidedenefertari.net

Post by jucarese » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:26 pm

This is the topic'ìt support forum if you want to find forums search here.

https://www.board-directory.net/