[Suggestion] Confirmation pop-up when registering a forum from "Topic'it login"

Have any ideas or suggestions for Topic'it app? We would love to here about them!

Moderator: The Godfather

mpelmmc
Beta tester language: Spanish tester
Mobile device: Smartphone
Brand & model: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Os version:
Forum URL:

[Suggestion] Confirmation pop-up when registering a forum from "Topic'it login"

Post by mpelmmc » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Hello everyone

As you may know, when you're not registered on a forum, and you enter the "log in" page, there's a button. It says "Topic'it login."

What this button does is that when you have an account that matches within the e-mail you have on the forum and topic'it, it logs you in the forum with that account.

That's okay and in my opinion, is well thought out. The problem comes when you don't have any account in that forum, and you click that button by accident, or even worst, you already have an account on that forum with another e-mail, and it creates you another account :o

This has already happened to me twice because as I said, I'm used to using that button for four forums including this one, so when I'm in a forum with an account that uses a different e-mail, I get confused.
I was lucky enough to notice it, then report to each admin in each forum and the problem was solved quickly, but imagine you don't notice it. It can create a lot of confusion among the staff from that forum and the user itself, because, if you use the same nick, it duplicates it adding a "0" at the end.

So, I think it'd be useful to add a pop-up to ask for confirmation. It can contain something like "Please note if you don't own an account with (THIS_EMAIL) the app will create one with it. Otherwise, it will log you in". It's just an example. Of course, if you accept this suggestion it's up to you what to add: a pop-up, or anything else to avoid confusions.

Thanks for reading. If you have any doubt at reading this post (my English is not very good) or at understanding what I'm trying to say, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Have a nice day! :mrgreen:
Last edited by mpelmmc on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

jucarese
Brand & model: huawei GX 8
Os version: Andorid 6.0.0 ,Topic'it V 1.0.10
Forum URL: http://www.piramidedenefertari.net

Re: [Suggestion] Confirmation pop-up when registering a forum from "Topic'it login"

Post by jucarese » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:32 am

This is if you have an account in that forum and you do not have the topic'it application installed and you connect with topic'it, a new user is created, if you were already registered add 0 to the end. The register button is to register you in topicit. Besides when creating a new account accessing from the login button with topic'it skipped the security protocols of creating new accounts in the forums.And that the account is created automatically not respecting as a founder has configured the permissions for registrations in the forum

Niko
Italian tester
Beta tester language: Italian tester
Mobile device: Smartphone & tablet
Brand & model: iPhone 6S + ASUS
Os version: iOS 12
Forum URL: https://www.fmcodes.com

Re: [Suggestion] Confirmation pop-up when registering a forum from "Topic'it login"

Post by Niko » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Actually I would ask with a popup for a new username... it is not useful at all to have Username0, Username1 etc.

it would be better to have “Username taken, why don’t you goose another one?”

Or better, having a list of authorized emails.. like “My emails”

jucarese
Brand & model: huawei GX 8
Os version: Andorid 6.0.0 ,Topic'it V 1.0.10
Forum URL: http://www.piramidedenefertari.net

Post by jucarese » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:04 pm

You do not understand, suppose I am registered in your forum with my nick jucarese
but I entered from the mobile application with topic'it, will create a new record with jucarese0 because the other nick is already in use, but if I do not have an account in your forum, I will create one from topic'it with my data topic'it , automatically, even if you have restricted the new registrations, through activation by mail, the registration will be automatic.

Edit:You can cancel this action from the module section pa and topic'it unchecking this option:
Automatically enable Topic'it Connect users:No
that way the registry is made with the parameters set by the admin