What is MoPub?
MoPub is a hosted ad serving solution built specifically for mobile publishers like forums. Taking over by Twitter on 2013, MoPub is the world’s leading ad server for mobile application publishers.
In a few click, you can monetize your forum audience on Topic'it thanks to MoPub's network. MoPub offers, not only a significant ad network, it also allows you to connect your other advertising accounts from platform such as AdMob (Google), MobFox, TapIt! ... and allows you to use your own ad ID.
Monetize your forum step-by-step
Topic'it integrates the embed MoPub code into mobiles and tablets app. Nothing complicated ! You just have to enter your Ad Unit ID to earn money with Topic'it. Here are step-by-step instructions to show you how to monetize your forum on Topic'it (no technical knowledge required)
1 : Choose the format you prefer on your Topic'it account
The first step is to choose the format to display on your forum on your Topic'it user account. Once your forum registered on Topic'it (plugin and API key set up), it is available on both Android and iOS app. Then, you can start monetizing your audience.
Now, you have to follow those steps:
- Once connected on your Topic'it account, select your forum.
- Click on "Monetization" tab. By default, advertising won't be activated.
- If you want to activate ads, please select "Yes". You will see the various ads options displayed.
- Now, choose the format to display. According to your preferences, choose either "Native ads" or "Banner Ads".
- Once your format selected, click on "Save".
2 : Create a free account on MoPub
Now, you have to create your MoPub account. It only takes a few minutes ! Here is the link to create your free account on MoPub:
3 : Add Android & iOS app on MoPub
The thrid step is about adding the two mobile applications on your MoPub account: one app for Android and the other for iOS. Which will give you access to the creation of advertising formats. To add your Android and iOS apps on MoPUB, follow these steps:
- Once logged in on MoPub, click on "Inventory"
- Now you can create a new app in "Add a New App"
- Select iOS platform and fill the field called "iTunes URL"
- Do exactly the same process for the second app by select "Android" rather than "iOS"
- Your two apps are ready ! Now you just have to create your advertising formats
You can now create and manage your ad formats on MoPub. Each application has it owns ads, it is then necessary to create each ad format in the two applications. Moreover, Topic'it offers you to chose between two ad formats to monetize your forum traffic: banner ads ou native ads on topic pages.
IMAGE BANNIERE PHONE IMAGE BANNIERE TABLET
IMAGE NATIVE PHONE IMAGE NATIVE TABLET
To create your ad formats on MoPub, please read the following steps:
- Once the two applications for Android and iOS created, click on "Inventory".
- Then click on the iOS application to open the "App Details" page.
- Click on the "Add an Ad Unit" button to start creating an ad format
- Select for "device" "Phone" and chose the format you want ("Banner (320 x 50)" or "Native (Custom layout)") and click on "Save".
- Repeat the same operation when selecting for "device" "Tablet". Then, chose the format you want ("Leaderboard (728 x 90)" or "Native (custom layout)") and click "Save".
- Congratulations, you just created your two ad formats for the iOS application. Now repeat the same process for the Android application.
Now you just have to get the Ad Unit ID for each advertising format you have created. Select the format you prefer and click on "Code integration". Then, copy "Your Ad Unit ID" and paste it on your Topic'it account.
Be careful, the update could take a couple of hours. Then, you will be able to verify all revenues generated by your forums on Topic'it directly from Mopub.
Why create so many advertising formats ?
There are 4 different Topic'it mobile applications. Thus, you have to create one format and ID for each versions:
- Android app for mobile
- Android app for tablet
- iOS app for mobile
- iOS app for tablet
Can I use the same Ad Unit ID for several forums ?
Of course, you can use the same Ad Unit ID for all your forums. The only constraint is to respect the Ad Unit ID according to the version (iOS & Android) and mobile devices (smartphone or tablet).
Which payment method can I use ?
You can get paid via bank transfer or via Paypal (with a minimum threshold of $100 USD). For more information about MoPub payment methods, please read the following document:
MoPub Marketplace Payments Basic
While filling your details, you will be asked to enter your "Tax Form". It is a bit complicated but mandatory to receive your payment.
As non-U.S. citizen and without business in the United States, you must select the "Form W-8BEN" form. Pay attention that this form fits with your situation! Once you filled out the form, you have to validate the "Certification of No U.S. Activities".
Now it is over !
If you have any question, feel free to contact Topic'it team in the admin section: Forum Owners